Mobile device technology is changing the social and economic development landscape in East Africa. Mobile phones are powering revolutions in banking, in education, in healthcare, in the very way we relate to each other. Tablets and laptops will unleash their own disruptions as they propagate beyond the city center, following the mobile phone into everyone’s lives.
But before we are blinded by the hype, we need to ground ourselves in reality. There is still a digital divide in technology infrastructure. Not everyone has access to mobile phones, even less to tablets, and fewer to computers and the Internet. Also, the technologies we use today work well, but they could be so much better!
- What is holding us back from using technology in more ways, in more communities, to tackle even more pressing problems?
- What are the top 10 technology constraints? How can we overcome them?
- And what social and development impact would we have with the “perfect” ICT tools?
We’ll have only 30 people, so everyone can participate and share, and no Power Point or prolonged speeches, so we can really dig in and discuss. Do note you must RSVP to be confirmed for attendance.
We’ll have hot coffee, donuts, and fruit for a morning rush, but seating is limited. So RSVP ASAP to be confirmed for attendance – once we reach our 30-person capacity there will be a waitlist.
About the Technology Salon™
The Technology Salon™ is an intimate, informal, and in person, discussion between information and communication technology experts and international development professionals, with a focus on both:
- technology’s impact on donor-sponsored technical assistance delivery, and
- private enterprise driven economic development, facilitated by technology.
Our meetings are lively conversations, not boring presentations. Attendance is capped at 30 people – and frank participation with ideas, opinions, and predictions is actively encouraged. It’s also a great opportunity to meet others motivated to employ technology to solve vexing development problems. Join us today!